Market Data: Home Energy Management
Home Energy Reports, Digital Tools, Standalone HEM, and Networked HEM
Home energy management (HEM) is a broad market segment covering technologies and services that consumers use to better manage and control their home energy consumption. The concept of HEM has shifted in the last few years. Instead of focusing on HEM as a holistic system deployed by utilities, today’s stakeholders are more focused on energy management as a component of the connected smart home.
This shift has been driven by relatively flat electricity prices, lack of utility involvement, and the ability to offer HEM without advanced metering infrastructure deployments. Hardware and software vendors and non-energy service providers have seized market momentum, as many of these companies already have a hold on the consumer market with their existing in-home offerings. Moreover, energy management is a natural progression of their business. According to Navigant Research, global revenue attributed to HEM devices is expected to grow from almost $2.3 billion in 2016 to $7.8 billion in 2025.
This Navigant Research report analyzes the global HEM market, with a focus on four key segments: home energy reports (HERs), digital tools, standalone HEM, and networked HEM. The study examines the key drivers, barriers, and trends affecting the market. Global HEM market forecasts of device shipments, users, reports sent, and revenue, broken out by segment and world region, extend through 2025. The report also provides an overview of the key technologies and segments related to HEM.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is home energy management (HEM)?
- What technology trends are happening in this market?
- How will the HEM market grow over the next decade?
- How will HEM device-related revenue and shipment growth vary by region?
- How will HEM device-related revenue and shipment growth vary by segment?
- What are the key drivers and barriers in the global HEM market?
Who needs this report?
- Energy retailers
- Energy device manufacturers
- Broadband service providers
- Home security providers
- Connected home and home automation providers
- Investor community